- Attach favorite microphone (not included) to the XLR input on MicPort Pro
- Attach included USB cable to MicPort Pro
- Attach the other end of the USB cable to an available USB port on your Mac or PC. Watch the light ring near the XLR light up in about 1s.
- Attach headphones (not included) to the headphone output of MicPort Pro.
- Make sure that your audio application has MicPort Pro selected for the default output/playback device
- Adjust the headphone volume knob for a comfortable headphone level
- Play your favorite tune and enjoy the crystal clarity of MicPort Pro sound
- Make sure that your audio application has MicPort Pro selected for the default input/recording device.
- If you are using a condenser microphone that requires phantom power, make sure the phantom power button on the end of the MicPort Pro is engaged and the orange LED is lit.
- Adjust the microphone level of the MicPort Pro via the mic gain knob to get a strong signal in the recording application, without distortion.
- Record your podcast, vocal overdub or any other audio source.
The microphone signal is always directly routed to the headphone output with zero latency for monitoring. Make sure to mute the channel you are recording in your audio application to avoid hearing two copies of the microphone signal, one at zero latency and another delayed via your audio application.